Tuesday, February 22, 2011

The Tent Life

Yes, they moved me to a tent. We have the ambiance of full army life complete with cots and mice. But we have a bathroom trailer outside and there are showers, so it's not too bad. In fact, I'm kinda psyched because this is one step closer to coming home!!! I'm so freaking excited. The drama here is getting way too intense (ironic that the thing I'm worried about while deployed to Iraq is the school-yard-type drama....) and I can't wait to be home and be a girl again. We were talking about it the other day and it has been decided that girlification is necessary. I miss colored clothing and having my hair down. And not wearing shoes in the shower. And having a choice of foods for dinner. And a comfortable mattress. And seeing other people that aren't in the army. And see kids that are sweet and don't expect you to give them things simply because your an American or (like many of the teenage and preteen boys) think you're a heathen because you're a woman not in a burka. Yes, I can't wait to be home. And this tent says I'm back in the states in less than 3 weeks, so I love it.

1 comment: